Ex: Her husband may be cleaning the house. 0000230919 00000 n a) can b) should c) must 6. If there are two auxiliaries in brackets ( ), choose the correct one. 2. Auxiliary verbs esl. A. When you use other tenses you have to replace them. b. "May" is a modal verb most commonly used to express possibility. Sometimes can is used with this meaning. endstream endobj 70 0 obj <> endobj 71 0 obj <>stream 0000000016 00000 n Do you think it may rain tomorrow? May, Might and Could Anna Grammar Worksheet - May, Might and Could - Intermediate english-to-go.com An Intermediate Grammar Worksheet from Anna Grammar™ May or might are modal auxiliary verbs. You can learn. From his accent, he could be from Toronto.. 8. CAN - MAY - MUST. GsG��g}�AJ�g���g�<1�Dp�����/&���7욝e�?�⬢��{g�U �fEZ/��Y&@Bv�1!Ӡ4WVYp�q��A�f7�q��M?WyQ����a�X-��+�a�)�rQ�8/��"´3��]��s���bY���r���mv�6���ԎZ����P Modality is the expression of subjectivity. A dog can run. May (2) Good probability We may visit Mexico this summer Must (1) Responsibility Everyone must pay taxes Must (2) Assumption She didn’t arrive.She must be sick Would (1) Past (used to) WhenI was young, I would play soccer Would (2) Present unreal I would buy the car but I can’t afford it You can / may go when you have finished.. 5. Maybe or May be - We use 'Maybe' and 'May be' to talk about possibility. > Other English exercises on the same topic: Modals [Change theme] > Similar tests: - Modal : may/might - Placement test 1 - Modal can (video) - Modal verb : must / have to - Modal : can/could - Must / Have to - Modal verbs - Modal verbs > Double-click on words you don't understand The students asked if they could go home early. We use might when we are not sure about something in the present or future: I might see you tomorrow. ��M4_v�B j��XeHV�Q�\w����2b>�.�0h�U0#�S�>�����.�?K��M[��?�`���2 T�����,�cCh�b���q���+d��ݒ���D�x��0Z�E��ouߨ��u'}�n�/,4��O�5�i��d�� �e!���E��uN���3�-=v;+P��dE6�H�!�q�s��,CF\�C��y���=߷�ϸ��Wh��kwܜ~E��h��64�{�ʎ��\Xg;-'����}���q���4r;�����5���CH��. Also see: Can Can't Exercises Can Can't Exercises 2 Can vs Could Exercises Modal Verbs Examples: a. I can speak English. 0000002082 00000 n Can / can't - worksheets, pdf exercises, printable handouts, grammar lessosn. talk to customers yesterday as he was a bit nervous. 0000122107 00000 n O��Q��F���ޑ �� )CP�(ECjC�DO$�դNc�llz` � 0000173372 00000 n teach anything. 'Maybe' is an adverb and it means the same as perhaps.It is written as one word. _____ you possibly lend me a pen, please? Pour télécharger et imprimer en PDF gratuit cette page d’exercice en anglais, cliquez-ici ! Example: He may hold his breath for 30 seconds. First, it can replace “can” and give the phrase a more conditional tone. Modal verbs: worksheets, printable exercises pdf, handouts to print. 3. shouldn't can't. modals exercise. She is in Japan. Can I _____ you a hand? Could. I _____ do some more work on this project. 0000003388 00000 n <> 0000230343 00000 n A fish _____ swim. You You He can He can’t She could She couldn’t It It We We They They Yes, No, I drive? startxref Download the PDF file by clicking on the gold button below! 0000188676 00000 n www.autoenglish.org Written by Bob Wilson ©Robert Clifford McNair Wilson 2007 Answers 1B 2A 3C 4A 5A 6B 7C 8C 9A 10B ... 1B 2A 3C 4A 5A 6B 7C 8C 9A 10B. Can I _____ you a hand? Students may not wear jeans. n�3ܣ�k�Gݯz=��[=��=�B�0FX'�+������t���G�,�}���/���Hh8�m�W�2p[����AiA��N�#8$X�?�A�KHI�{!7�. Follow the example. play baseball very well. It´s good for revising this grammar topic. Modal verbs are a subgroup of auxiliary verbs. Task No. 6 Listen, please. 5. Can I _____ you something to drink? Video: may / might. Answers. There are four activities with different levels of difficulty and a short grammar explanation. 2. Example: I may become a doctor. Elementary and lower intermediate level esl 1. {����[�� PDF Worksheets: 1 / 2 / 3. Students may not wear jeans. _____ you help me with it? 4. - She may go there. You may be right, but I would still like to check.. 3. @>�r�@���D�*)�cj�@a Can. ID: 936 Language: English School subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) Grade/level: 11 Age: 15-18 Main content: Modal verbs Other contents: Add to my workbooks (276) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom Jack could not go to work yesterday because he was ill. 4. The word may means to be allowed to or permitted to. ]W�y����,/��:���CB�K\ ;g���j�7�w��O�Xl�E���Ƣ�釴 ?�����_R�^a�oI�eaBZ�g8/9\L��e^��,�~כw� &�uֺ��@���Cx Wt�G�^� Ł������V����8er�u��53!p���PTn�[��]�^o��^��r�78��6��k��Ih�8+5���{���*�2x�Г\I��`�7" &��m������z��sJ'C)��a[:�C#J`���5�N녒�E�Ok#�Ɛ�����,هBc��r+I��� Examples: I can run. Ex: Maybe my mother will come to me tonight. Could / couldn’t 9. can 10. could 11. can’t 12. could 13. couldn’t 14. can 15. can’t Grades as percentages 15 / 15 = 100% �;3l˽�>��aϚ�s��U��M�]�����p4�NZ n7�,�*p�1(̂/��q@�(,Ol_S}�X�T:�N%H�3