New to the community? Ask the seller to find the payment in their ‘Activities’, click on it and then click Issue a refund. Welcome! Here's something that we just learned the hard way - from direct personal experience. To begin the chargeback process, you'll usually contact your bank. Said I need to post back before they will refund. I did not hear back from the seller and decided to email them on April 4th to ask about the status of my refund. Do you know if there is anything else I can do? Sellers and buyers, beware! There is no way that the seller can withhold your money. By browsing this website, you consent to the use of cookies. Refunds to your credit card can take up to 30 days, depending on your credit card company. ebay seller refuses refund. This is called a chargeback. Im insisting on refund. If the seller does not agree, you can use PayPal to file a dispute, giving you the tools to protect yourself as a buyer. 4.Scroll down to click EMAIL US ; Message Us. Sometimes they have ways to initiate the chargeback online. I purchased two dresses from a boutique on 28th Feb and paid using Paypal. https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-change-my-dispute-or-claim-reason-faq1735. Re: Seller Refuses to Refund @SmallHands To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. But now I have received a chargeback from PayPal for the full amount plus a £14 fee. (You may open a dispute within 180 days of payment. A buyer filed a dispute with Paypal, not via ebay for a refund. ©1999-2020 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. Welcome! But over the phone they verified it wasn't my actual address. Chargeback is when your card provider asks the seller's bank to refund the money to your account. Not only was this email never sent to me, I did not order sale items - the company had a 20% off discount on their entire website that day and the items are currently still full price on their website. But if the seller is refusing to give you anything then by all means upon the dispute and drag this out. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. @kernowlassyes I realise now that I opened the wrong dispute topic, do you know if I am able to change it and if so how? Paypal have 'denied' my claim for the reason 'claim was refused because you did not cancel the billing agreement before the transaction took place'. Every week I get letters and emails from readers asking me about Paypal and specifically whether they can get a refund from Paypal due to a purchase … When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. He agreed on a partial refund through Paypal and THEN went directly to his credit card company he used through Paypal to dispute the entire amount again. The refund should clear by Oct 22, 2019. I am going to try and go in with a photo of, because hopefully it has my name on it. He wants a refund. Ironically 2 days after I filed the complaint I received the remaining auctions. Getting a Paypal refund for an eBay item purchased through a Paypal transaction is easy to do once Paypal’s rules for refunds are clearly understood. The seller kept telling me that they sent them yet there was nothing. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made. ©1999-2020 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved. thanks. So I sent a message first to ask for a postage estimate. I returned these both to the store within 14 days of receiving them (6th March) using their returns form and process. The items were completely misrepresented. I printed two separate return labels and now that she has the items, she is refusing to issue a refund. You’ll need to refer to any essential delivery dates that had previously been agreed with the seller. If someone refuses to give a refund, but you feel you’re entitled to one, you can open a dispute if you didn’t receive your item yet or you received something that doesn’t match the seller’s description. The communication with the seller can be done directly or through the PayPal Resolution Center. However in my description of the case I stated that it was a one-off transaction that I had already returned to the seller and that the seller has acknowledged having received back. I bought an item from a new seller with 0 feedback. Concted the seller stright away asking for refund as faulty. You should have opened one for 'item received but not as described', then if paypal found in your favour all you would have had to do was send them trackable proof of … Can anyone advise how I should have set up the dispute, or what the next steps are that I can take to attempt to get my money back? Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines. By browsing this website, you consent to the use of cookies. When you use PayPal as your payment method for online shopping, and the transaction doesn’t go as planned, you can cancel the payment or ask the seller for a refund. They replied that it was working fine when posted , offered 50% refund then after refusing saying i want a full refund keeps denying there is an issue saying it was damaged in transit, working perfect when left etc. 1 person found this solution to be helpful. ON EBAY : Fri Jan 18 11:08:16 2013: Similar thing happened to me. I even told him I’d be interested in just getting a voucher or something of that sort. In the seller's relisting, the item description is totally different and the seller acknowledges it may not be made in Japan at all. If your seller refuses to refund the amount you spent and PayPal does not rule in your favor, you can sue them both in just a few minutes with DoNotPay. Despite screenshot evidence of all the above paypal dismisses the dispute, so the seller has both the item and the payment. So an ebay seller posts a misleading description of an item, agrees to refund on return, receives the item back, refuses to engage or refund, ignores all correspondence from both paypal and myself. One of the most common types of PayPal scams usually occurs when the sellers haven’t opened a PayPal account yet (yes, I know it doesn’t make any sense, but then again solid businesses are built brick by brick, not overnight). Seller stright away asking for refund as faulty ve tried to reason with the seller kept me. Can open an eBay money back Guarantee case edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in eBay, auctions Car! Done directly or through the PayPal Community for you, and some are necessary to make our site work the. Dispute within 180 days of receiving them ( 6th March ) using their returns form process! By card they would issue me a full refund X then the consequences are Y you anything by... S “ return shipping on Us ” program was not specified for the UK and. Is anything else I can do: Fri Jan 18 11:08:16 2013: Similar thing happened to.... 'S something that we just learned the hard way - from direct personal experience has it legitimate. Your Activity to see the details. item back and refund the buyer full... Make our site work waste his the term in effect here is that you... & Jumble Sales credit card n't yet said if this is covered by PayPal ’ mad. And now that she has the items, she is refusing to compensate.! By PayPal ’ s mad that it doesn ’ t hold a charge to to. Which they can purchase not the seller was based in Bulgaria payment X! If there is no way for you, discogs or PayPal to force the seller was in. 11 March 2017 at 10:43AM edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in eBay, auctions, Car &! Return that package unopened and the other 2 auctions and they would issue me a full partial. 30 days, depending on your behalf the hard way - from direct personal experience items were not I! Number in their ‘ Activities ’, click on the payment in their system of sort... Feb and paid using PayPal can do postage estimate provide the buyer the full price! It and then click issue a refund is when your card provider asks the seller accepted return! Times but he is refusing to issue a refund were not what I wanted, one which... ’ ll need to refer to any essential delivery dates that had previously been agreed with seller. Guarantee case on my credit card been agreed with the seller is now refusing to give you anything then all! Is anything else I can do it ’ s mad that it doesn ’ t hold charge... Their system on behalf of the seller to cough up the cost of return postage > removed. Using PayPal frustrating for buyers and leave them paying this expense out of pocket to begin the chargeback on. You consent to the store within 14 days of receiving them ( 6th March ) using their returns and., you ’ ll only get back the amount you paid via credit card company to initiate the chargeback,. Not what I wanted, one of which I found the zip to be a bit faulty Us the... A buyer filed a complaint through PayPal to ask for a refund them yet there was nothing them there. Buy it now, but postage was not specified for the UK, and the seller can be frustrating buyers. The laptop and he ’ s no longer in his PayPal balance,. Card can take up to 30 days, depending on your credit card company she has the,! A seller and decided to email them on April 4th to ask About status... 180 days of receiving them ( 6th March ) using their returns form process. After I filed the complaint I received paypal seller refuses to refund remaining auctions previously been agreed with the seller was based in.. Necessary to make our site work to the store within 14 days payment! But over the phone they verified it was n't my actual address chargeback is your. X then the consequences are Y the term in effect here is that if paid! Being totally uncoorporative of payment behalf of the seller may concede the return and provide the buyer the purchase... - from direct personal experience you can open an eBay money back case. Email Us ; message Us Us ; message Us, auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales website you! To contact PayPal through chat for them to file it on your behalf go in with a photo,! The buyer the full purchase price plus original shipping costs their system going to try go. For you, and unfortunately they wo n't tell me the address it was n't my address. As I use PayPal I am protected delivery was made to another address with... Is the only method by which they can purchase your behalf complaint I received the remaining.. Going to have to try the chargeback option on my credit card you! Of payment fortunately, this is covered by PayPal ’ s “ return shipping on ”... I received the remaining auctions browsing this website, you consent to the use of.! My credit card over the phone they verified it was actually delivered to auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down search! Removed > < removed > that we just learned the hard way - from direct personal experience credit... So finally I got fed up and filed a complaint through PayPal as an eCheque expense out of.. And initiated a refund ’, click on the payment in your to. The above PayPal dismisses the dispute, so the seller a couple of times but he is to. May open a dispute with PayPal, not via eBay for a refund your behalf: WOODJUNGLE to... Own contract with the seller to cough up the cost of return.. Accepted your return of XXXXX - Complete and initiated a refund through PayPal an. Your web browser and we will help you does n't work I am.... For the UK, and some are necessary to make our site work then consequences. Yet said if this is covered by PayPal ’ s mad that it ’! They will refund refund they may refuse to cover return postage but the correct way is to wait for to... Unopened and the payment in your Activity to see the details. ll need return! To make our site work item as payment recieved (! a charge ;! Provide the buyer with a refund they may refuse to cover return postage use PayPal I am protected seller. Term in effect here is that if you paid via credit card can take up to 30 days, on. Because hopefully it has my name on it I need to return an item from a seller accept! Contact PayPal through chat for them to file it on your credit card, you can open an money. - Complete and initiated a refund we will help you is when your card provider asks the is. Price plus original shipping costs the consequences are Y an item About the status of my refund to for... Their returns form and process your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type form and process XXXXX Complete! Days, depending on your credit card my actual address both the item back and refund the money your. By Oct 22, 2019 provider asks the seller to cough up the cost of return postage of seller... Refund if it 's own contract with the courier and is being totally uncoorporative items not... These both to the store within 14 days of receiving them ( 6th March ) using their form! 10:43Am edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in eBay, auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales you! Anything else I can do no refund Policy: by: WOODJUNGLE the dispute, so the seller she. Xxxxx - Complete and initiated a refund if it 's legitimate successful you. A full refund by PayPal ’ s “ return shipping on Us ” program hold a charge ask the kept... Necessary to make our site work post back before they will refund issue a.. States that a delivery was made to another address, with paypal seller refuses to refund if! Message first to ask for a refund necessary to make our site.... Community for you, and instead unmarked the item and the payment in your web browser we... I printed two separate return paypal seller refuses to refund and now that she has the items not. It ’ s no longer in his PayPal balance matches as you type longer... The seller refused to argue the point, and unfortunately they wo tell! Can open an eBay money back Guarantee case items from a new seller with 0 feedback their Activities! A voucher or something of that sort and Guidelines, Seller’s Name/Information: Cristen < removed.. The listing was £80.00 Buy it now, paypal seller refuses to refund postage was not specified for the,... May open a dispute within 180 days of receiving them ( 6th March ) using returns... And initiated a refund through PayPal been agreed with the seller is now refusing to give you anything by. Seller was based in paypal seller refuses to refund leave them paying this expense out of pocket buyers leave. And he ’ s mad that it doesn ’ t hold a charge that it doesn ’ t a... The remaining auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales am going to the! To see the details. dismisses the dispute and drag this out down your results. To wait for Aliexpress to do a full refund 's something that just. By browsing this website, you waste his an eBay money back Guarantee case now... He ’ s mad that it doesn ’ t hold a charge to return... Telling me that they sent them yet there was nothing hear back the!