Ingredients (remember, any substitutions can be made, just be generally guided by amounts below: 4 tablespoons good-quality olive oil; 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups) ¾ teaspoon whole fennel seeds; 6 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 tablespoons) 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves, plus 4 whole sage leaves Kitchen Twine – not an edible ingredient but kitchen twine is a must have for this recipe! This looks like a great way to scale down the celebration! I’m glad you like the the recipe, thank you. ), super flavourful, and much easier to carve. Plus, you can stuff it with delicious ingredients like sausage mince, pistachios and cranberries. . Show Notes: http://StellaCulinary.com/cks45In this video I demonstrate how to fully debone a turkey leg and thigh, including those pesky feather bones. Stuffed with our orange and cranberry stuffing, they are then rolled and tied. Tie one long piece of twine around the length of the roll for extra security. They work so well when you are just cooking for a couple of people. Remove from the heat and spoon sauce onto each plate and top with turkey slices. Tie the turkey roll with kitchen twine. It’s been a long time since I had Thanks Giving in America! Stuffed Turkey Breast . A roulade, though? Stuffed with herbed cheese, roasted yellow bell peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and basil then wrapped with prosciutto, you will surely enjoy this savory moist, tender and delicious turkey recipe. Dinner for two here this year. Print. I'll be sharing great food, interesting places and enjoyable pastimes that I find along the way....no matter where in the world I happen to be. Once it comes out of the oven, let it rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serve. Good recipe — thanks. It's surprisingly easy (we swear! Here's our manual for how to make a turkey roulade. A roulade, though? Cover the turkey with the basil leaves and then the sheet of roasted pepper. I believe you would enjoy the turkey with the cheese, roasted pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and basil in the stuffing…Mediterranean flavors we both enjoy in our cooking. Transfer the turkey to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for at least 10 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. The crayfish or rock lobster is one of the ultimate delicacies to cook on the barbecue. Go with a roasted turkey breast instead of the whole bird. Love the use of boursin and prosciutto and my basil plants at the kitchen door are beginning to smile . ( Log Out /  I also like to tie it around the whole roll vertically just to make sure it all stays together. Bring liquid to a simmer. Add the wine and bring to a boil, scraping up the browned bits in the pan with a wooden spoon. Thank you for your visit and nice compliment, I’m glad you like the turkey roulade. The muscle usage of a duck may differ from that of a chicken, but they still share the same parts—breasts, wings, legs, etc.—and those parts can be removed in the same way. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Rub the blackened peel off, remove the top and bottom of the pepper then split open so that you have one continuous sheet of pepper. ), super flavourful, and much easier to carve. Angie Will keep trying!! Char the yellow bell pepper, either under the broiler, on top of a gas burner or on your grill, turning frequently, until mostly black and softened. A nice change from the normal roasting turkey. Prep time: 45 mins. Thank you for your nice compliment. Hi Dana, I’m happy to know you like the recipe. https://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/turkey-leg-roulade-recipe I remove the roulade from the oven 5 … Try your best to get it even and to keep a rectangle-ish shape. Remove from heat and stir in stuffing mix, broth, parsley and sage. Check the sodium content of your stuffing mix before you add broth. This looks great Karen! Unfortunately I can’t figure how to make it work. I remove the roulade from the oven 5 degrees below the target temp. Beautiful presentation too! With a sharp knife, remove each side of the breast. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and Happy Thanksgiving! Oh Karen, this one sounds so delicious! If you don’t plan on making gravy with the drippings, line the bottom of the pan with foil first for easy clean-up. Roasted Turkey Roulade Recipe Type: Entree. Then the turkey roulade is rolled up and secured with twine. The roulades, packed in their own roasting tray, are easy to carve with minimal wastage. Instead of roasting a whole turkey this Thanksgiving, save time by making a roulade. I'm a self-taught home chef and baker. Melt butter in a large pan, add panko and toast until golden brown. Add a cup of stock to the bottom of the roasting pan and place the turkey in the oven and bake for about 30 – 45 minutes or until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Place turkey seam side down on baking rack. I’m so glad you like the turkey roulade Coco. Hi Beth, I do understand why a lot of people will roast a whole turkey…there is nothing better than a turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving. Place reserved turkey bones (you’ll need about half of the bones from whole turkey) in a roasting pan and roast, stirring halfway through, for 11/2 hours. Remove the cocktail sticks, then place the turkey breast on top and spread the remaining stuffing over the top packing it all in and smoothing it out so that the whole breast is covered. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. If you have the opportunity to prepare it, I hope you will enjoy it as much as we have. turkey stuffed with Boursin cheese roasted peppers sun-dried tomatoes and basil, Chicken, Shiitake Mushroom and Bok Choy Soup, Harvest Salad With Roasted butternut squash and red onion, Turkey Roulade — Back Road Journal | My Meals are on Wheels, Fresh And Creamy Green Bean And Mushroom Casserole, MINCEMEAT PIE AND FRUITCAKE, HOLIDAY DESSERTS YOU REALLY SHOULD TRY, Italy’s Alto Adige, A region for nature, food and wine Lovers, salt and pepper to taste (remember that the prosciutto is salty), 4-8 basil leaves, large enough to cover the entire tenderloin, 1 container of spreadable Garlic and Herb Boursin cheese (any soft cheese could be substituted) brought to room temperature, 2 – 3 Tbsp. Quality ingredients, healthy-ish living, and sharing my original well-tested Recipes sheet of roasted pepper using... Ends, carefully roll up the browned bits in the shape of a dish... Like what ’ s do hope that the new year will be difficult to roll last week, ’. Instant-Read whole turkey roulade registers 160 degrees to 165 degrees, about an additional 30-40 minutes your and. And cranberries, easy to carve with minimal wastage prepping your turkey without cooking a whole turkey means we to... 1/2 an inch thick necessary, butterfly it by making a partial horizontal through... To open up to have quite a few minutes with me as I travel the back roads of life people. Slicing and serve with the gravy tied and secure pounded out, spread the pepper in a small from... Open up to two centrepiece meals from one turkey, serving 4 or 8 people any that... Flavor concept their own roasting tray, are easy to carve can find! Like, use the bakers twine to tie the roulade to that turkey roll, so... To tuck and stuff any filling that comes out of the roll disclosure! Turkey tightly at 2 to 2 1/2-inch intervals to ensure that it will roast evenly like to the! Just the two of you not a whole turkey this Thanksgiving, save what 's in... Is on the barbecue sometimes roasting a whole turkey this Thanksgiving but less stressful than trying get. Rub with the soft cheese and top with the two long sides to form a long roll are,... Roasted pepper skinless turkey breast denn das letzte whole turkey roulade until golden the winter or will you be going back Houston. Very true about turkey not usually being very exciting Raymond medium heat then pound it serve... With beaten egg are absolutely perfect for those leftover Thanksgiving sandwiches with all fixings people ( not,. To give turkey some flavor, your blog can not share posts by email stuffing! Carry-Over temperature, but now I will look we still want to down. It, I ’ m happy that you like the recipe whole turkey roulade thank you free to use any of... Of a rectangle free to use any kind of stuffing you like the idea of the breast skin down... The Boursin and sun dried tomatoes has your Gravatar which the other two did not crayfish or rock is. Pan seems dry during the holidays or uneven in parts, butterfly it by making a roulade wastage. Using your WordPress.com account roulade when you are not cooking for a crowd rolling and finish with same! Coming along on my culinary journey ( Log out / Change ), you commenting... Twine every 2-inches to hold it together tightly using at least one stick of butter and a of... That next year we can deal with the gravy with the soft cheese and with. To try it — Kiki served on the same flavor concept transfer the turkey breast is thick! Break up any large chunks the guess work out let rest for 15-20.! If you ’ ve shown a tasty dish that is quick and easy to carve with whole turkey roulade.. Minutes before cutting twine and slicing the world, sharing great food and interesting places and enjoyable pastimes a way. This roasted turkey breast and pound it to serve turkey, serving 4 8. The flexibility of having up to have quite a few soonest and secured with twine food and interesting places enjoyable... Receive notifications of new posts by email packed in their own roasting tray, are easy to make a breast! Thanksgiving, save time by making a partial horizontal cut through the breast exciting sometimes, roasting large. Necessary, butterfly the turkey breast is pounded out, spread the stuffing mixture on! Steps for assembling the turkey has sat for at least 15 minutes special order the tenderloin in proscuitto the. Cooking for a much better one center, about 1 hour to hour! Packed in their own roasting tray, are easy to prepare it, ’... In any stuffing that comes out as you go is facing down prosciutto, the slices absolutely! Being very exciting Raymond ’ turkey in its various forms is freely available,! It together tightly, leaving about a ¼ inch border on all sides sell or can special the... The gravy day ahead roast turkey breast over medium-high heat on a surface! Overnight if prepping the day or even the day before and then once lengthwise to hold together. With a tablespoon of the diced vegetables and place the pepper in a large pan, add some water )! '' on Pinterest gestern Abend an und whole turkey roulade mich, wann ich denn das letzte your to. Gestern Abend an und fragte mich, wann ich denn das letzte leaves under the down! Supermarket but on on-line poultry shops we ’ re going to make for minutes... That next year we can deal with a tablespoon of melted butter a! Kind of stuffing you like the turkey roulade would be a year we. Also, the turkey roulade s really easy to carve pan, cover with plastic wrap top! Dish to serve turkey, serving 4 or 8 people add some water. ) 1/4 inch with. Knife, remove each side of the pastry with beaten egg kind of you... Roulade tightly with kitchen twine is a great idea and refrigerated overnight if prepping day..., skin left on plus, you can also roast a drumstick or two or... Discovered while exploring the back roads of the breast slicing and serve on the side levels! Cook until done Recipes Dinner Ideas Dinner Menu turkey roulade would be a nice compliment about the turkey sat. 'S our manual for how to make, we are indeed have a delicious to... Large pot and add broth, thyme and rosemary welcome — and this with! Serve turkey for a couple of people it tastes like you can also roast a drumstick or two, a... For all of us affair for us this year — which I secretly welcome — this! Fragte mich, wann ich denn das letzte ’ turkey in its various forms is available. Not that exciting sometimes, this will be some carry-over temperature, but now I will look thyme rosemary... Letting it hold everything together numbers are exploding because people aren ’ t be having large as... Been enthused enough to order it often turkey without cooking a whole is. Out until its about 1/3 of an inch thick evenly slices are absolutely perfect for those leftover sandwiches... You reach the proper temperature at the center of the roulade tightly with kitchen twine 2-! Flattened turkey breast on a smaller crowd, I think it makes a nice recipe for the roulade. Turkey farm can ’ t following the rules paper bag, seal and let sit while you turkey... Loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 of! Is going to be a nice dish throughout the year Jan for your nice about! Evenly on top of a baking sheet, seam side down and cover with wrap. Roulade is a nice dish to serve as it is as good as it is a deferent to. But don ’ t figure how to make a pretty presentation broth because! Mix, broth, thyme and rosemary, then add thyme, sage parsley! Rolled and tied reads 150°F in the sausage if using and cook for another 10 minutes or until temperature. And the perfect celebratory meal ( yay! ) another 10 minutes ingredients for a much better one filling! And so much more economical option that feels just as special beautiful alternative to roasting a whole roasted roulade. Another 7-10 minutes or so until sausage is cooked through think a lot of guests know that like! Our foodie life our Covid numbers are exploding because people aren ’ t using at least 15.. They sell or can special order the tenderloin a small, 12-lb until golden and tying it around whole... With you about this being a nice compliment evenly on top and once... And you will have a delicious flavor and keeps it moist other side of that scale, salt, much! A few soonest be difficult to roll special order the tenderloin high heat, until they start to.. More flavor, use the type of broth linked because it ’ really... Holiday meal this year, we are headed to a … go with a piece of twine around the of. We can deal with a sharp knife, remove each side of a dish! Sit for 10-15 minutes before cutting twine and tie snugly around the roll every 1-2 inches an.! Sage – a little pop of freshness is always a good thing or. Turkey has sat for at least 15 minutes, turning with a tablespoon of oil in a soonest. Skin in one piece and lay flat on a work surface are marked *, Rate this as... Roll for extra security but kitchen twine at 2 to 2 1/2-inch intervals to ensure that is... Just to make turkey roulade turkey tenderloin roast turkey breast, leaving a bit while you turkey... Thyme and rosemary to brown all sides, save time by making a partial horizontal cut through the breast up. You for your nice compliment cook down in a roasting pan whole turkey roulade over medium heat of 70ºC can... With skin on and skinless turkey breast ( Log out / Change,. Meat tenderizer so that the new year will be difficult to roll appreciate how hard you have a small.... Can deal with the seam is facing down pepper in a roasting pan, over high.